[Bug?] Crossfire Single Player Mission break

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Hi, i have some trouble with Single player Mission
    Screenshot of problem

I'm just trying to get closer to the "experimental battleship", but the game says that the mission failed, and I fled from the battle.
    And "Von Clausen" with his friend bundschuh are staing behind the mine field, and don't moving. I destroyed one battleship(don't ask me how), but scene with brave bundschuh, that destroyed all remain battleships with cost of his life, doesn't started.
    So, i'm stuck in this mission, and can't move forward.

• Try to do from last game save. Not the auto save. usually helps.

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• You always have to go for the waypoint, not to the destination.

Von is waiting for you to pass by the first waypoint, you have to pass by all those waypoints at normal speed and "acomplish" them all before going for the battleships.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I sense irony that agent smith has a bug problem.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• lol, Man InBlack... but the words of " a bug problem" also remembered me of Starship troopers, good space sci-fi movie... similar with Starcraft - the Zerg part, zergling bugs to be exact.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• You always have to go for the waypoint, not to the destination.

Von is waiting for you to pass by the first waypoint, you have to pass by all those waypoints at normal speed and "acomplish" them all before going for the battleships.

Of course, I did. As soon as the LAST waypoint was gone, I rushed to the battleships, but these bots are still staing there. I even waited, but no effect. Destroing one battleship(to "cast" a scene with brave Bundschuh) is doing nothing too. Von is standing there! I kicked him in the his ass, and he still staing there!

Edited 2 times, last by nexfwall ().

• lol, Man InBlack... but the words of " a bug problem" also remembered me of Starship troopers, good space sci-fi movie... similar with Starcraft - the Zerg part, zergling bugs to be exact.

This is certainly a good thing, that I "delivered" you all. And I'm sorry I had to miss 2 days. But it may turn to the problem? If we can't solve the problem by good, so my notepad++ ready to edit ini files :D

• I found a way to bypass the error, and end the mission. I edited constants.ini in DATA folder, and changed the cruise speed to standard FL 300 m/s.
    It seems that the ships were moving too fast, and in the "script of the mission" an error occurred.
    So the moderators can close this thread

you have to pass by all those waypoints at normal speed

I was saying Normal speed, not cruise ^^ That would also work, without changing anything, but gratz :D
    Now return that ini back to how it was before, as you will need that speed later ;)

Also, try to edit your previous post instead of making 4 consecutive ones... you could have the first 3 ones in a single post and the solved issue in an "Edit", but also double post, one with the first 3 posts and one with the solved issue would be cool.

• I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but... I finally got into the CF 1.9 portion of the Single-Player game, and had FL crash to desktop @ the Jupiter Nomad battle en route to Earth. Everything was fine up to then, and just as I was docking with the Osiris, FL crashed completely (I think this is mission 16?). I did not see where others had this exact issue, so I'm wondering I should be downloading a saved game, or does the CF launcher do that automatically? If it's any help, I'm flying the new Rheinland VHF (the one bought on BS Westfalen, in Hamburg).

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Centaurian: FAQ .... if this is repeatable problem, OP or Huor can take a look on this if you send them needed info.

In case you still have this issue, you can send me last MISSION save, I can tomorrow evening play this mission with your char and will send you next MISSION save and you can continue.

• i fixed this mission weeks ago and got confirmation that its working now

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but... I finally got into the CF 1.9 portion of the Single-Player game, and had FL crash to desktop @ the Jupiter Nomad battle en route to Earth. Everything was fine up to then, and just as I was docking with the Osiris, FL crashed completely (I think this is mission 16?). I did not see where others had this exact issue, so I'm wondering I should be downloading a saved game, or does the CF launcher do that automatically? If it's any help, I'm flying the new Rheinland VHF (the one bought on BS Westfalen, in Hamburg).

I still have this problem. The first dock on Osaris and crash to desktop.

Edit:
    I kill all nomad ships and Osaris tell me to dock... i dock on Osaris then : Loading CF data and crash.
    I try to dock in 25, 20, 15... but same thing.
    Try to dock with dmg hull and no shield ..again crash.
    Flyung in Catalysm VHF nomad weapons+salamnca full eq.

Edited 2 times, last by Husker ().

• So.... unless no one patched up the game, there's still an issue over there.

But I hope there's no confusion between the other crash issue while killing the Strike Carrier, with this one which happens when docking with Osiris. That only happened me once, as I remember.