Singleplayer cinematics are black (no image)

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Geraldine.

• Hi there, i wonder if i'm the only one experience such a bug : in the SP campaign (i aint got to chasing Sean Ashcroft yet, to give you an idea where i am), when there is supposed to be a dialog/cinematic taking place, the screen appears black and only the comm window on top left opens to display the people talking. I got sound, i got interaction (F1 menu, Screenshoot) but no main image rendering whatsoever... When the cinematic ends, i get back control of my ship and i can play normally as the image returns ! I want it resolved before going much further cause FL cinematics arer so great and i don't want to miss the new CF ones later !!!

Please help me idn why this is happening ! :| thx

• that mission is perfectly working

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• missions have no problem, i just can see the cinematics.... it doesnt block any progrss in the campaign, i just cannot enjoy seeing them over again, and discovering new ones....

• codec problem?

Is your Media Player working for you?

Click the image above to visit us.

• Please note a little istake in my rpeviosu post : "i can't see" instead of "i can see".

Yup Media Player is doing fine, i can also watch the intro movies although the SWAT one's flickers a little bit but i guess that's because it is in UBER HI-RES and my PC has to resize it 1440x900...

I am wondering why it happens to me and nobody else.... ?(

here is a screenie of my CF install options if it can help :
    perspective2.jpg

(Movies options : Skip | that just impacts the vids when FL launches right ? it can't have messed up something in the in-game cinematics right ?)

• not when for example the initial FL movie (the one when you press new game in SP) is working fine. If not you most likely have a codec problem.

Click the image above to visit us.

• note: cut scenes are no movies
    there is nothing like a codec problem that could cause it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I don't mean to hijack this thread but I felt it was redundant to post a new thread about the same issue :( I believe I mabe suffering a similar issue, as I just installed this mod an started the SP the 1st cutscene was fine I.E the 1 with the station etc, but once it got to the part where the transports landing you almost can't see anything. With the way its acting I'm ganna blame it on the new *Advanced shaders* ganna test it out with them disabled an see what that does.

Edit: Ok its confirmed I turned off the shaders an the issues totally gone now.

System Spec's
    Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.7GHz
    Zalman CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler w/2 120mm Fans
    ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
    4GBs G.Skill ECO CAS 7 1600MHz DDR3
    GigaByte HD4890OC 1GB
    Segate 750GB SATA HDD
    LiteOn DVD/CD Combo Burner
    Xigmetek Utgard Window Sided Case
    6 AeroCool Shark 120mm Blue Edition Case Fans
    2 AeroCool Shark 140mm Blue Edition Case Fans

Edited once, last by Alteris: found out why we were getting black cut-scenes ().

• yeah - so thats the problem
    as answered to the other thread the issues you had there are also related to those shaders
    now that i read this here i have to assume that the graphic lag you experience happened after you deactivated the shaders... well i can confirm this
    it happens to me too when pressing f12
    so either keep them on or deactivate them on the enbseries.ini
    -> UseEffect=0
    deactivating it there works much better (and that is one of the very few files you can edit without getting kicked from the server)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok I did a little more testing with the shader options an since I was getting black-ness in scenes with the activated/normalmaps/motion blur(?) option I switched it back to the default activated option and now the cut-scenes look just fine. :D

System Spec's
    ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
    GigaByte HD4890OC 1GB
    Segate 750GB SATA HDD

• goody

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• considering i got shaders off. i still have no way to make them work...

However, i got new info on this problem :

- It affects only the "in-space" cutscenes, the ground ones are working 100% of the time (including the ships flying over Sprague - are they ground or LostParadise-like scenes anyway ?).
    - Codecs are indeed not related to this, since it's the simple rendering of the game graphics which work rest of the time. Intro videos are working fine.

My conclusion is that the problem is not the rendering of the space cutscenes but the switch between in-space interactive to cutscene mode is causing it. When the cutscene starts from within inside a station or a planet's landing pad --when the game is not in space interactive mode already-- the space views are working; like the "Inside Benford Station" cs : the few seconds the camera is outside the base as a piece of rock is flying past the camera is totally fine, same for another cs i don't remember when...

• I have the exact same problem and have no clue how to adjust shaders. I ran 1.7 for years and had no such problems. Neither did I get the initial setup screens to chose Juni and Trent's clothing and accessories, etc. Please help :D

• those options in fllmm exist since version 1.4

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Try re-activating the mod using the default *Activated* shaders option, that seems to have helped me the most so far with getting rid of the cutscene issues and my ingame FPS stuttering problem aswell. Note that your also need to reinstall FL completely before re-activating CF.

System Spec's
    ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
    GigaByte HD4890OC 1GB
    Segate 750GB SATA HDD

• Thanks to those who tried to help. I'm still not sure what exactly resolved this, but I'll list some stuff I did do, and errors that were popping up so the masterminds might sort it out for someone else sometime.

I'd missed the scroll down options on activating 1.82 from flmm 1.31. I'm not an idiot, I'm a frustrated idiot. *shoots self, strips Juni, and turns shading off*
    I was and still am getting a message that my 3d video card is not recognized. It's quite possible that it's newer than the mod. I chose the option to be compatible with "older 128meg cards /shrug. No way 8)
    For the 6th time I completely uninstalled freelancer, saved games, and deleted the Freelancer directory.
    I was getting an error message when booting flmm 3.1 having to do with a JTLP file or something like that (I notice this was in the FL directory after uninstalling). All mods successfully loaded in flmm so I hadn't been concerned.
    I deleted flmm and reinstalled
    I reinstalled fl1.82
    I face palmed and watched it, blissfully hoping it would work and Juni would be nekked. It did....she wasn't....dear gawd someone pls send me a nekked patch I'm 57. Why is such a thing not available for this game, as they are for all the others? :rolleyes:

• Welcome aboard! Glad you found some resolution by searching the forum. If you have other problems don't hesitate to ask for help on here or in game (MP). Plenty of folks with lots of tons of experience will help. Enjoy!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by AZ09 ().