Patrick Stewart's monologue on Saturday Night Live

• I have no illusions why I'm here tonight.
    It's because of "Star

Trek: The Next Generation."
    (applause)
    Well, thank you very much, but I have a

confession to make. When I was first given the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, I pretended

to take it all in my stride; I was so cool in interviews;
    I claimed never to have seen

the original classic Trek. But, it was all an act, because inside, I was so ecstatic... I

was delirious... You see, not only am i probably the biggest Star Trek fan of all time, but

well, as my friends can tell you, I am virtually an encyclopedia of Star Trek facts and

trivia.

Well now, for example, listen: Here's a fact I bet you don't know. On the

original show, the name of the space ship was not the "Star Trek"! No, no, it was in fact,

the "Enterprise". Now that's true.

Now, all right, here's another one: Everyone

knows that the part of Captain James M. Kirk was played by William Shiner. Then of course

later he was to become very famous as the Six Million Dollar Man. But how many of you here

know which actor played the chief medical officer, Dr. McCray, who was of course otherwise

known as Boney? You give up, don't you? Well that was Forest D. Kelley.

Well

perhaps you knew that one, but can you name to me the ship's other medical officer... you

see, because of course, there were two. You see, you're stumped. You are forgetting Dr.

Spock. Now you remember, right? He was the pointy eared creature, you know? Half human, half

volcano, and he was forever tormenting old Boney with his cold volcano logic, and uh...

All right.. here's another bit of trivia. Did you know that another Star Trek

character, Captain Sulu, was the first black woman ever on television? Anyway, being the

Star Trek trivia maniac that I am, well you can imagine my feelings when I first learned

that I won the role of Captain Picard. I felt a kinship, you know, with all those

unforgettable legendary chartacters... Kirk, Boney, and especially Spock, and I even know...

well I wrote a note to Leonard Fortnoy, but I guess he never received it. Anyway, Leonard,

if you're watching, this is for you.

Outer space: the last frontier. These are the

trips of the Star Trek Enterprise. Its five year plan calls for us to explore strange new

worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly fly where no man has gone in

space.

Live long (boy scout sign), and be happy.

SWAT_OP-R8R
    Portal-Administrator

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!