Mining field gaps

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• Yeah, hi. I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to enhance the current layout of nebulae gaps (empty space zones within mining field nebulae or asteroid fields) in the current version?

Like:

Telosis - gap around Hippias should be rid of asteroids, and possibly only slightly larger, to resemble Elysium's (O-Beta) and Vespus (O-Theta);
    Midpoint Rift - addition of a gap of any size anywhere in the field (since Deathland is, in description, in nebula and very near asteroids, gap there isn't an option - though from a physics standpoint, that whole layout is impossible, but we'll leave that be...);

Would it be possible to add another Niobium field anywhere in the systems? New field, redefining an existing one... Far Point, or some distant field in like, Vespus system?

(If possible, I'd like to experiment with these as modder to try to learn. I'm asking for this version since 1.9 would be different in concept. But until then...)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

Edited 2 times, last by Shockwave ().

• in theory - yes

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• And in practice? :)

(No Deathland change, I mean, but what about the others?)

• i would need to take a look at it first

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Cool. I'll work something out and present it to you when I'm done.

• Minable commodities are:

I consider the bolded ones to be worth the trouble, time and effort, and the ones in italics potentially worth it. I've scouted a bit, and found a few suitable locations in Inner Cloud, Casius, Vespus, Neophobos and Helios systems, where the existing fields could be changed from current ones to the ones that could be mined for precious cargo, thus creating RP from scratch (mining needs protection, pirates tax large and almost defenseless ships, mercs get to protect, cops scan if you're mining illegal Artifacts - you know, the whole enchilada).

Problem with Gold and Diamonds is - they're shit to mine. Takes friggin' FOREVER to load a full cargo hold of it (30 minutes of mining to get maybe 1/3 of train load of gold in Dublin, awful). First off, would it be possible to make the new/changed asteroid fields to drop cargo like the current drop rate of Alien Organisms in Telosis, Midpoint Rift and Omicron Theta? Because if not, then they're effectively out of focus and pointless.

• At dynamic and asteroid difficulties at 1, it takes 5 minutes to load a train full of Alien organisms.
    In Omicron Beta, dynamic difficulty 2, ast. diff. 20, it takes 10 minutes to load a train.
    In Telosis, 20, 3, it takes 15 minutes to load a train.

Average profit: 8.5 to 11 million credits for anything between 20 to 30 minute run, depending on sale distance.

Alien Organisms:
    Telosis, min 5, max 100, asteroid difficulty 20, dynamic difficulty 3
    Midpoint Rift, 5, 100, 20, 3
    Yakutsk, 5, 100, 20, 3

Artifacts:
    Seltos, 1, 30, 20, 2
    Neophobos, 1, 30, 20, 2
    Wanderer's Pond, 1, 30, 20, 2
    Quantos, 1, 30, 20, 2

Diamonds:
    Mandar, 1, 4, 30, 3
    Hiruga, 1, 10, 70, 10

Gold:
    Telosis, 1, 10, 80, 10
    Mandar, 1, 20, 2, 2
    Vorkuta1, 1, 20, 2, 2
    Vorkuta2, 1, 20, 2, 2
    Yakutsk, 1, 10, 80, 10
    Hieron, 1, 20, 2, 2
    Spica, 1, 20, 2, 2
    Pretoria, 1, 20, 2, 2
    Tonga, 1, 40, 2, 2
    Lemnos, 1, 20, 2, 2

Niobium:
    Vorkuta, 1, 10, 70, 10
    Hieron, 1, 10, 70, 10

Listed are only CF systems, because of OP's principle not to touch vanilla systems (much), I guess.

Edited once, last by Shockwave ().

• I get the dynamic difficulty variable since the difference is obvious, but what does asteroid difficulty affect?

Why doesn't Telosis exclusion around planet Hippias exclude asteroids as well, only the nebula?
    This is important only in asteroid fields within nebulas, most of which these Walker-type nebulas, where it's god damn dark.

Suggested changes
    - resetting all current field drop settings of those fields to the ones of Omicron Beta. (5, 100, 20, 2) This makes loading about 10 minutes (+/- 2 min), and with the trips, it'd take about 20-30 minutes for a round trip. I'm thinking only of the ones in my previous post, not other drops;
    - fixing Telosis - removing asteroids from gapped piece of Hippias, removing mines from the Gold-mineable field;
    - adding Diamonds fields to Casius and Helios (circled);
    - adding Niobium fields to Inner Cloud and Vespus (circled);
    - adding Gold field to ?
    - adding nebula gap to Midpoint Rift (somewhere around circled area);
    - Yakutsk gold field also contains mines - maybe removing them?

These are the system's I thought of for additional fields:

dread_test_simple.zip zealot2.zip 2012-05-02 21.31.36.jpg 2012-05-02 21.31.25.jpg GTVA logo animation.gif

Edited 3 times, last by Shockwave ().

• can we discuss it on messenger?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sure, MSN request sent. Or Skype, if you've got one. Or PMs here.