Ship for SP (and a spoiler)

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by zepherreload.

• I've been following the spirit of the mod, exploring all possible areas while slowly working through SP (It's been a good 4-5 years since I played and I'm worse than a complete newb because of bad habits) The defend the transports mission took me five tries. God those outcasts were annoying. So I'm in Bretonia now and I'm looking for a good ship outside of vanilla to carry me most of the way. I recall after this area and Kusari I pretty much can't explore much.

The best I can find right now is the HF Trident on BS Suffolk. Is there better "hidden" ships out there available at my level (like a VHF able to equip lvl 8/9/10s for a lvl 10 recruit)? All the HFs and VHFs I found in the Crossfire systems like Custodian had lvl restricts of 24 or higher. Ship names, locations or even hints would be appreciated. If you don't want to reveal everything, that's cool, but PLEASE tell me if I'm on a fool's errand lest I accidentally poke around the omicas with my dinky Defender. :P Thanks for the help in advance.

• Ah snap. I already left Liberty. Planet Pitts is Liberty Police so I can't dock even if I do get back... is it sold elsewhere by any chance? In the omega or w/e?

Rank is an interesting issue. It works differently in the SP campaign than it does in Open SP or MP. In Open SP or MP, your rank increases with money, so all you have to do to increase your rank is to trade or run missions.

However, in the SP Campaign, you are very limited by the way that your rank increases as you complete missions. If you think that the rank restrictions are a fun part of the game, then you have to find ships that can be purchased at a low rank.

Most of the VHF's require a high rank (or rank hack :-o ). The Werewolf is a uniquely superior ship during the SP campaign. Offhand, I do not recall the rank requirement.

If you want to return to Pittsburgh, then all you need to do is to fix your rep with Liberty houses. The easiest way to do that is by buying bribes at neutral bases (such as Junkers or Zoners).

On the other hand, if you think that the SP Campaign rank restrictions are annoying, rather than part of the balance and fun of the game, then a saved game editor can fix your rank.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Hey. I hope my first post won't be regarded as offtopic.

Anyways, I don't want to open a whole new thread just for a small question like that, so I'm posting it here:

I've been moving around 4-5 Crossfire systems in the past hour, searching for a good looking VHF.
    Now, I'm playing the SP Campaign, and therefore I am not level 30.
    My question is - Are all the VHFs that can be bought in the Crossfire systems with a level 30 requirement?
    Or should I continue searching around?
    I've been using the |PX| Database for v1.8, but there are not level requirements for the level listed there.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Please use a spoiler for that type of info.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Hi to save from opening a new thread is there any way that i can change the lvl requirements for the crossfire ships as its to tempting to buy like the werewolf and not need another ship for the rest of the game.
    I want to fly ships that are at my lvl only so if i can change the lvl's of the crossfire ships it will help thx.