Starcraft 2 : Patch 1.1

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Blizzard is going to release the next patch where they tried to solve or balance the game. They have reworked several things that were reported by the many players. The patch shall be released next week on Wednesday. See the following points to get a detailed insight about the patched version.

Balance Changes

Blizzard has several balance changes in store. One general change they're making is that friendly units will no longer provide vision after being killed. Enemy units previously revealed will no longer be targetable. Following you will see a detailed description about the changes they are implementing.

Maps

They're going to add destructible rocks to the Desert Oasis map to make natural expansions easier to protect. In addition, the center map watchtower area is being narrowed.

Protoss

There are two key changes in mind for the zealot: the build time is being increased from 33 to 38 seconds, and the warpgate cooldown is being increased from 23 to 28 seconds. Zealot rushes are currently too powerful at various skill levels, particularly those that rely on rapidly assaulting an enemy base from nearby "proxy" gateways. Blizzard feels the window players have to scout for and fend off this rush is too small. They also want to address the problem of protoss being able to dump minerals a bit too quickly with the combination of warpgates and Chrono Boost.

Terran

There are several changes in the works for terrans. Reapers against zerg are stronger than expected. Due to the zealot build time increase, reapers would be a bit problematic in combination with proxy barracks, bunkers, and/or marauders against protoss. Therefore, they have decided to increase the build time of reapers as well from 40 to 45 seconds. Fast reaper + bunker, or fast marine + bunker rushes are problematic against zerg. Although this rush would never outright destroy the zerg player, they feel zerg suffers too much of a disadvantage from either having to cancel the fast expansion, or getting trapped inside the main base for too long, so they are also increasing the bunker build time from 30 to 35 seconds.

Siege tanks in large numbers are performing too well in all matchups. In the mid- to late-game, siege tanks are too dominant against all ground units. Blizzard wants a small set of light and unarmored ground units to perform better against siege tanks. With this in mind, they are changing the Siege Mode damage of the siege tank from 50 to 35, +15 vs. armored; to correspond with this, damage upgrades will be changed from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored. This change reduces the base damage of the siege tank against light and unarmored units, as well as the splash damage.

Battlecruisers currently lack good counters from the ground and still perform very well against a wide array of unit types. Blizzard is aware that it is not easy to get battlecruisers out for the cost, but at the same time, it is possible in both 1v1s and team games to create stalemate situations to bring them out. Overall, they feel that battlecruisers are too strong for their cost, and the terran-forced stalemate situations are causing less interesting gameplay. They will be lowering their damage against ground units from 10 to 8.

Zerg

Ultralisk damage is being decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs. armored. This reduction is comparable to the changes being made to the battlecruiser and siege tank. Like the battlecruiser, ultralisks are simply too powerful for the cost, even though they are difficult to muster. Also, in combination with other units, ultralisks are difficult to counter from the ground. The ultralisk building attack (Ram) is being removed because the damage rate is too similar to its normal attack, which will be used against buildings instead. When ultralisks target tightly packed smaller buildings such as supply depots, the Ram attack is actually outputting considerably less overall damage than its normal attack, as Ram only hits a single target.

signature.png

• patch coming out next wed... those are HOPEFULLY not the only balance patches

if not then the only thing good about this patch is the siege tank dmg nerf... other than that its pretty stupid, Terran will still be too strong

protoss nerf doesn't make any sense and nerfing a zerg unit is the dumbest thing ever since its the weakest race atm

BUT OH WELL Starcraft BW took years to be 'perfectly' balanced

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

Edited once, last by Spiky- ().

• They destroyed terrans... taking damage from siege tanks, battlecruisers ( !! ) and icnreasing time for reapers and bunker builds.... waht was left to take out.

Protoss Zealots they say... pff 5 seconds for each one and on warpgate too.... that's odd... they only had 2 or 3 good units counting the Mothership which can only be 1 unit, not liek the Terrans which can have many a bit weaker battleships :D

And Zerg good... they took out of that big thing, even it's interesting that they took out an entire skill from them :O Zergs were overpowered too anyways, with those teleporting underground beasts :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Nope, I can tell my opinions... even ofc you want your race to be more powerful :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• dude you have absolutely no idea what so ever about this game, your ignorant comments make me laugh and if this isn't trolling then I can't help but have sympathy for you

but please, try to argue against a position that even pro gamers whose JOB IT IS to play this game are having since the release of this game (even during beta)

you have been a nuisance about anything related to Starcraft on this portal for now so do this community a favor and get the fuck out of here

better yet delete your bullshit posts and refrain to post your arrogant and moronic posts about a game THAT YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Ya well, anyways only Zergs and Terrans arrived to the semifinals of the league....
    so the Developers made that Ultralisks lost some of it's powers :P

But now the stuff looks a bit more balanced... even the Protoss warpgates time increase sux as it affects any troops.

you just can't accept a second opinion, :thumbdown:

• Spiky
    plz - calm down and read the forum rules again
    maybe you get which of your words above violate them

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• herp derp

Spiky violating forum rules since 2003, big news

miche sure you can deliver your opinions... but back them up with facts and actually play the game online (or play the game at all)

other than that gl hf with this great Starcraft 'community', im sure Miche will be very helpful with his incredible knowledge of the game

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• yeah sure spiky
    but usual you dont violate them that obviously

a community is living by discussions, different opinions, different views
    if you want a SC community you probably should get familar with that concept... i at least have not seen any other valueable discussions about this game in the past few weeks ... infact it was pretty silent here

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, you will talk to yourself, as everyone else is afraid to comment something in 'your territory' as you comment even to OP. :D

And I don't actually have to tell my opinions, even I liked what they did :P more or less, My opinion is told, cya arround Spikey ^^

You should know you're not the only guy playing Starcraft in here ;)

• Micheal and Spiky - it would help if you both dont argue about each other. In nearly every possible thread lately you both are quarreling and no one else is interested to read about it.

As for a change someone could write a bit of those factions (or how ever this is called in Starcraft) because i never played the game and i dont know what its all about.
    And for me the game looks like C&C - but it was and is more popular and i dont know why. I really never played it and i would gladly know what it makes so more favourite than C&C.
    What are Zergs, Siege and all this? Is there one "Faction" that is most powerful?

And to get to topic. I am suprised that Blizzard is releasing a patch only a few weeks after the first official release of the game. That prooves that the development of the game was probably more pushed and with that the development wasn't finished properly :)

signature.png

• I'm pretty sure I am after reading your comments; 'zerg overpowered with those underground teleporting beast' terran changes 'what was left to take out...' rofl

what game are you playing? certainly not Starcraft 2

I don't like discussing things with ignorants that just randomly talk stuff and think they have better knowledge over something

if you truely play SC 2 pls give char code and your nickname... pretty sure you are one of those copper league players that hang around on the official SC 2 forum and cry about how overpowered the (in fact weak units) are because they can't deal with easy strategies

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Huor: You never played Starcraft 1 at least ?

There are no NPCs races in this SC2 game except when you play against computer... (not counting some background animals in some situations).

All about overpowered is like the ship you fly (whichever it is) goes faster than any other ship :D Or that you use alien CDs in a duel heh. So in Starcraft 2 some race could win easyer than the others, mainly Terrans were the most overpowered, until now, as now they are slwoer and make less damage lol.

• well I can tell you why T is too strong (I don't know if the term 'overpowered' applies but it certainly is close to that...)

so there is this unit called the Marauder, a Tier 1 ground unit that is cheap and fast to build (shoots rockets against ground units)

then there is an update called Stimpack, it increases damage and speed by 50% but at the same time damages the unit

so what the Terran does is, presses T, boom boom boom, toss and zerg units owned, marauders still standing

there is the MMM strategy, called Marine Marauder Medivac (medivacs healing the stimmed units) usually what the terran does is

all those units under control group 1, presses T , press 1 a (a being attack) boom boom... dead

tanks 1 and 2 shot a lot of toss and zerg ground units when sieged up (hence the damage nerf). However, they have been added an incredible AI auto shooting, meaning that the tank will automatically damage the unit it counters best............

so yeah playing Terran requires a lot of skill, not

Terran pro gamers have even stated that their race is too strong and easy to play (also for its diversity, Terran has the easiest way to build up structures to counter whatever is coming to them)

Zerg and Toss pro gamers need incredible good micro/macro management (micro controling units, macro building up economy) in order to keep up with Terrans (also Terrans have something called 'MULE' which is sort of a spell from the HQ and helps mining minerals faster.... A LOT faster)

I don't know what more to say... go to teamliquid.net (biggest SC and SC 2 community) and go to the forums, you will see a thread about this on a daily basis

so really I don't know what Miche is on about but it is pretty clear that he has absolutely no idea about the broken balance atm (also hence the early patch...)

Zergs have been nerfed thoroughly during the Beta ( I don't know about toss)

there is a list Blizzard publishes of the Top 200 players in US/EU and Korea... guess who the top 10 players are (almost all terrans, then toss)

Tournament winners... 80% of them are Terrans

I've watched enough of live casting of Terran games to say that the balance is indeed broken, nerfing tanks won't change much and who cares about battlecruisers, thats a unit used in team matches or by nubs in the lower leagues

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

(also for its diversity, Terran has the easiest way to build up structures to counter whatever is coming to them)

Mainly that the buildings can lift up, and evade the attackers :D

• no you don't chose your faction for a 'lifetime', whenever you start a game you can choose either Terran Zerg Protoss or Random

obviously most people tend to stick to one race because they learn strategies with that race and like its style more than others...

and yes it is possible that Terran plays against Terran... one of the most boring match ups there is (Terrans hate it)

so is Zerg vs Zerg and Toss vs Toss... mirror matches are pretty much the most boring (also hardest imo) matches

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/683001 here is the updated list of the Top 200 EU players

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/789458 Top 200 NA

Zerg pro gamers are going ape shit because they can't win any tournaments... all I'm saying is that either Terran needs a nerf or Zerg needs a buff

Zerg vs Toss is usually the best games to watch as the balance is quite ok there... Terran vs Toss or Terran vs Zerg... its just pure carnage (USUALLY)

worst that can happen to you is play against a Terran that actually has skills, then you are pretty much fried (unless you have some serious micro/macro skills)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL