Crossfire FLServer

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I installed Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition on my computer and my server. Both installs were successful but when I try to run FLServer on either computer, the application crashes. How do I host a server with Crossfire installed?

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. My server is running Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Edition.

Edited once, last by FordGT90Concept ().

• First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on a successful install on not one but two computers. I'm a little envious of you, but that's not important right now.

The bad news is that you can't run the server side of Crossfire, at least not the way you would want to. There is only one server for Crossfire and I think that's the way it's going to stay.

So, do what I do; create a profile on the swat 24/7 portal, log on and have a good time exploring and meeting strange and interesting people on-line. Use the single player version to try out different ships or whatever you choose before you commit your character online.

Trading is very competitive and you have to be able to handle getting your butt kicked.

- Paul Tudor Jones -

• I see that now:
    Crossfire LAN server
    own server

We just finished getting all there is to get (Sabres with Class 10 weapons) in Freelancer gold so we wanted to use a mod to add more play time but apparently that isn't going to happen. I have no interest in playing with unknown people on remote servers so, I guess I'll just uninstall everything.

The Freelancer installer is really, really slow on 64-bit operating systems. I also had to reinstall on the server because it had Server Only install previously (gave an error in the character/heads directory. The Windows 7 computer had UAC disabled previously so install went without a hitch.

• just like its being said, running a 2nd server is not possible atm

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hey guys,

Since people can't see any replies at your forum as guest you should really put this info right at your downloads page or maybe provide a custom flserver.exe that clarifies the situation.

Still, thanks for developing a great mod. Sadly I need a LAN solution.

PS: feel free to delete my forum account, I got no more use for it.

• It would really help if you pointed out that you cannot create your own server on the download page..

Some people are not looking for a open multiplay and it's inconsiderate to waste their time.

• he has downloaded CF and wants to create a server

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hm... Where's the problem? I can download CF (already did this) and i can run my own server. Just download XAMP for example and you can run your own server.
    BUT if you want to create a CF-Server than you are not allowed and on the other side wouldnt be able. It just wouldnt work. The easiest reason for that to grasp: We have very special features running here - it would be hell of work to keep them operating and running all over the world ;)

• I don't quite see the problem here.
    If you want to play with friends, play on MultiPlayer...
    If you want to play on your own, play Singleplayer.
    What's the problem?

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• There is no problem. :)

All I'm saying is that some people are interested in playing with just a few friends as opposed to the entire online community. You don't need to understand the motive or even respect it if you don't want to.

A little information regarding the fact that you can only play multiplayer on the SWAT server would save a lot of confusion and perhaps the random hostility that I've seen in threads like this.

• It would really help if you pointed out that you cannot create your own server on the download page..

Some people are not looking for a open multiplay and it's inconsiderate to waste their time.

^^This^^

Its absolutely absurd that I had to waste my time creating an account here just to find this out.

Not to mention the time of my friends and I installing this mod.. You are practically asking for hostility by not telling people this right on the front page

I have used many other mods for several other games that ran their own server and NONE of them have had this insane draconian restriction.

• Go to law and accuse us for not doing so.
    God damn - probably we also should write that every player should pause their game after two hours because you are getting ill - if you not follow this order.

If you are hostile - then go to the next boxing gym and live your life there.
    And probably we just waste so many time ourselves that we are blind and dont have the time to write that on the front page. Well i hope satan will once catch us.
    Satisfied?

• chadc: man, is really hard to be nice on you :) ... but is really not need to discuss the portal settings (as are settings for unregistered). Reason why is not need to discuss is that this is the will of the creator of the portal. The same is with lan possibility for CF. Exist no duty to announce that CF is only for SP and MP. Please try be nice and accept this. Is sad you do not want play in MP where you and your friends can have alot fun ... but it is only your choice.

• The only reason you can't really make a CF server is cus you technically can't, it's too complex, but noone stops you from trying.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• And the other mods you have tried all dont have auto updates, dynamic economy and dynamic universe. CF has... so if you want to blame us for the complex features that other mods dont have we will take the blame.
    Oh and being ranked as the top FL mod for years meanwhile naturally creates enough hostilities... so we are used to that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,