Ancient Hunt

There are 231 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Wanderer.

• Hurry up and get some, the offer is limited. Just bring your ship to Freeport 10 in Tau-37 system and contact [CCCP]Cresthen.
    Mind that only the players who have no weapons better then these can count on receiving them.

Number of cannons available at the moment: 0. Sorry, the offer has expired.

Edited 3 times, last by Cresthen ().

• The only gun of Team two which made it to Dock 3 was mine^^
    Yeah, i was the best hunter in our team :D

• TIME: Saturday, December 10th 2011 at 21:00h server time in Utopia system,
    near Triangulum Dock 3.

Objective: Collect the maximum number of Ancient weapons in specified time frame.

How does it work:

1.There will be only two teams.
    2. Each team has 35 minutes to hunt.
    3. After returning from Dervon all guns going to me.
    4. Start Triangulum Dock 3 - Finish Triangulum Dock 3.
    5. When I say back to Utopia system team have five minutes to get to Triangulum Dock 3.
    6. Penalty for exceeding the time 45 seconds = 1 Guns (subtract from the total results).
    7. If it draws, both teams go back to Dervon to 15 minutes hunting.

Event restrictions:

• No char-switching
    • No cheating
    • If you die, hurry back to Dervon
    • Utopia system and Dervon is Out of Role Play during event.
    • NO docking in Dervon.

Prize money:

5 milion for participation + 15 milion per player in wining team
    5 milion for participation + 5 milion per player in second team (if they had more than 12 ancient guns)

Note:
    I hope that this will shorten duration event to 60-90 minutes.

Discussion:
    1. While one team hunts Dervon system, the other team hunt nomads in Utopia system. No waiting
    for hunting. GooD or BaD?
    2. Two nomad gun = One Ancient Energy Canon or for each nomad gun an additional one or two million in team prize. GooD or BaD?
    3. If you have any ideas feel free to bring here.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

• 1. While one team hunts Dervon system, the other team hunt nomads in Utopia system. No waiting for hunting. GooD or BaD?

Great idea, though Nomads aren't the only NPCs in Utopia. Players having Rheinland Military and Unioneers hostile will constantly get interrupted while hunting the Nomads.
    Besides, with the participants having no time to waste while the others hunt, it is possible to make more than 2 teams for the event.

2. Two nomad gun = One Ancient Energy Canon or for each nomad gun an additional one or two million in team prize. GooD or BaD?

For my mind, such conversion between the guns is completely inadmissible (I personally wouldn't exchange an ancient gun even for 20 nomad ones). In addition, it would be quite uncanny for an Ancient hunt event if the team which collects more ancient cannons does not become the winner... And finally, as written above, the result of the nomad hunt in Utopia depends on one's reputation.
    As for the money prize - it would be quite more fair as the number of nomad guns does not affect winning/loosing the event in this case, so there will be more fun without any bad sides (except an additional workload for the manager :P ).

• Due to inappropriate behavior of player UR_Freefalcon event Ancient Hunt is canceled.

This is the second offense for that player.

PS

To UR command :
    Cro will give the last word.
    While the administrators decide what to do.

• Well thanks for doing the Event, Husker, although it kind of sucked.
    First, the NPCs in Dervon did neighter spawn nor drop appropriately. Only at the end NPCs started to spawn and drop. So we had only 8 guns, of which you did not count 3 because we were too late. I was the only one in time and only because I started flying back 5 mins before hunt time ended. After that the second goup started hunting Ancients, we hunted Nomads. The Server crashed, we lost ~10 guns. More crashes, more guns lost. In the end we had 28 Nomad guns and about 25 which were lost. So all in all 53 nomad guns, if the Server had not not crashed.
    Certainly the other team was also annoyed since they lost their Ancient guns.
    After many crashes (3 or 4) you called us back, told us that we would repeat the second half and all our nomad guns were worthless. Don't you think that that really makes you angry after such a bad start (well not start... the event already too ~1,5 hours) ?
    Well Freefalcon then killed you and you ended the Event and went off.
    Certainly Freefalcon's action was not right at all, but i can understand him. Exspecially because he believed you manipulated NPC spawn and drop.
    (Once you wrote in our group: "NPC spawn enabled"; after that NPCs really started to spawn and drop. I think it was just chance and you are not able to manipulate server like that, but well...)

All in all we can say, that the event today was a total fail and did not bring real fun for any of the participants, I think.
    Anyway, thx that you at least tried to make the event in a good way and to find a way to continue after the crashes, Husker.

• First: I spend a minimum of 2-3 hours per event. Instead of playing with my clan mates.
    I'm doing this just for CF community.

Second: woot lost guns..when i scan him he cary +10 nomads guns and second group had worse conditions for hunting (serverload +300) and after server crash Paladin and other players give me ancient guns think +8 (15 min hunt and second group alredy is win) and just for your group restarted second part of event (obviously an error).

Third: Again ours group go earlier in nomad hunting, without my aprove to go hunting. Ancient hunt 35 min nomad hunt 25 min. (reason to easier control players guns). Maybe learn to listen ... and when to admit defeat.

In Second group we have only one expirienced player UR_Paladin all others is first or second event in CF and folows instruction perfect.

PS
    And what are the speculation that the EM controls the conditions of server rofl... i only give info for beter play.
    The my only mistake is that I returned three times to the server after crash and tried to organize again second part of event... I do it just for the players.
    TOTAL FAIL rofl no ...only TOTAL FIAL behavior of player in event.
    AND TOTAL FAIL --- I allowed to have two events at once. If players do not knows to have fun I am not obliged to be entertaining them.

• I only want say that Husker do imo his maximum for us normal players to have fun. Server fals are out of player (EM included) control and in this case nothing can be done. ... and all event participants if want continue in event when is server falling must know that result of this even could be not 'fair' ...

... btw release frustration on Husker bcs unstable server is very bad behaviour. This is for me unacceptbale.

• next event - better luck

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• about freefalcon: this is his 3rd event that he makes problems, 1. the first assault event - he was killing me (a teammate) instead of the enemy team, and he screwed the results, 2. It was a Big Race 1 week ago, he came to Arena (start point) and he was killing us the participants 1 by 1 torping us...then he switched to IC, and now 3. Ancient hunt (I still dunno what happened)
    I think he needs a punishment from his CLAN or by GRs, OR the most effective, BANNED from EVENTS 2 weeks :)

about Husker: HE IS spending his free time to make CF players have fun, you always had fun in his events, and if 1 event failed coz of some ppl or some server crash IS NOT HIS FAULT, you should THINK before you SPEAK and SAY SORRY to Husker!!!

that's it...

• if that UR disturbs events then he will get a daily ban for every event where he caused problems

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I did NOT critizize Husker. I Just said, that the event was not very good because of the SERVER (NPC spawn and crashes). I did not say it was Huskers fault, in contrast i thanked him for returning and trying to reorganize the Event after the crashes. And i also said that Freefalcons action certainly was WRONG! I only tried to explain that he had some very strange idea of you being manipulating the event by the NPC spawn rate, which i do NOT believe.
    If you misuderstood that and thought i wanted to critizise Husker, then I am sorry, that was not my intention.

Anyway, if you still want to critizise me now, i don't care since i think this event is over and next one will be better.

• I just told him he is banned from events till Christmass, if he continues after that, then a permanent

He (OP) means Server Ban, 1 day for each event disturbing. GRs have already been informed about it, report the "player" asap when that happens again and isn't listening at your first warning.

Black~Svvord: It's understandable, saying that the experience in the event was sucky cus of certain (server) issues. Don't worry, no one will bite you :D It is great to see you made sure there are no misunderstandings in your previous posts in a peaceful way :thumbup:

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis