croosfire dload error

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by sev98.

• I have dloaded the crossfire mod 1.81 using DAP with & without acceleration on. however when i try install the mod i get an error message CRC mismatch. I run windows 7 ultimate 64k and have norton 360. Norton also reports a trojan when crossfire runs. I realise this is a false positive but need help in setting the permissions and resolving the crc mismatch error. I have cable internet and can dload at about 2mbs easily if not faster.

When you empty the rubbish some of it comes out on top

CRC stands for Cyclical Redundancy Check, which means that the installer would be comparing its current contents to what its contents were when we initially packaged it. If you receive this error then it is likely that the file became corrupted during the download process. Try downloading the installation file again using Internet Explorer. If you use an Internet Service Provider that has their own browser, connect to the internet as normal, but instead of using their browser to download use Internet Explorer instead. Installing the Windows Installer update may also help. The Windows Installer update can be downloaded from Microsoft's Website.

Also..CRC mismatches commonly occur when a player's version of the game does not match the version of the game they are trying to join.But i saw in ur post 1.81
    Possible the file is corrupted during download, just turn off ur Norton and DL again.Same thing Happen to me few times.
    I hope it will do^^

• tried again with no acceleration and norton off and the result was the same. file corrupted. the launcher started to install got to 90 + % thyen message crc mismatch. may have to try via old pc first.

When you empty the rubbish some of it comes out on top