Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I intent to spend this weekend on fixing as many bugs as possible by running a 2nd CF server and taking a very close look at the files.

however i need detailed bug reports
    which systems are not working (Sol, Omega41, others?)
    is there anything else which does not work correctly (markets, effects,... jh sounds)

I am not interested in bug reports about FLMM activations or low fps... that actually has nothing to do with bugs... that is reason of your wrong settings or not following instructions

i am purely interested in game bugs.... asap

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Bug : I was heading towards Custodian JG in Yew York. After the jump gate initiated, just before I entered the wormhole, the scrap metals in the back of the gate (in my front side) started to have black triangle-shape backgrounds. Please check if this might be a problem in other systems as well.

Should be fixed : too much sunshine in Arena. It's just too much. New Crossfire Icon Set 2 (cursors)... you won't see the cursor anymore when in Arena (unless you mouseover the planet).

Bug : lag in New York. I had no other applications running, and I was on OpenSP.

• Bug : Phoenix Project Cannon which equipped on ship is unseen at equipment market and launch port but when flying it is not

Bug : Rarely crashing occurred when reach X3043 system - Very rarely - just experienced one

Bug : And I experienced same that some triangle black around small rock objects during jumping effect in every system where the jumpgates at rocky area ( But i think it is no problem )

• Bug: The Turret View of the train is very magnefied

Bug: The Markets(stocks) in Stuttgart aren't getting updated, they are still the same. (or that was your call for a while?^^)

Bug: The Jump Hole to Sol has some sort of a bug, its colors and its place didn't fit so well when I was docking(in a movie mode.. Ancalagon & Hipogriff also felt it), you should take a look , I can't describe it..

If I find more, I'll call^^

• Crysis's first bug is on SoulForge train... but not sure if it's a bug hehe

My bugs:

Bug, Scouser small train is set to dock with normal dockes instead moors on stations... anyway I sold that ship.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• idk if it is normal but when i entered nephele with my new char the whole map was explored and all of the stations were marked

idk if it is a bug or not

Originally posted by DC_Crysis

Bug: The Jump Hole to Sol has some sort of a bug, its colors and its place didn't fit so well when I was docking(in a movie mode.. Ancalagon & Hipogriff also felt it), you should take a look , I can't describe it..

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• Graphical bugs mentiond above with the triangle shapes are only for me when i activate the shader..otherwise its all fine.

Main bug is the CTD's they maybe to do with the new sat nav..(the womans annoying voice who keeps saying anomaly detected or access granted ;)..)Seriously though, the main CTD for me is the MANDAR gate ctd..if we cant get to russia and the new systems then thats pretty serious i think.

I think the paint job is very pretty however sometimes the feeling of being in space in systems like..erm..nephele is great, but in some others places like the arena, it just feels like ive just flown into the sun and i need to visit my optition..

• New york is not bugged
    X-3032 is not bugged
    the black triangles and jumphole display in cinematics is a conflict between render manager and enb shader - it is not fixable (but you can deactivate the enb shader and the problems will disappear)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 1. Leeds -> Stokes Mining Station -> 3 parts wont get destroyed (BMM satellites)

2. Mooring fixtures cant get destroyed - should be possible to stop trade (docks explode beautifully :D )

3. I've entered Sol, but server crashed now, so ill test the Styx-mandar thing

EDIT: Sol works now fine, but Styx->mandar is crashing to dektop

• Bug : in OpenSP, Juneau Shipyard is hostile even if my friendliest faction is the Liberty Navy, the owner of the station. Didn't accidently shot someone or anything that could make them mad at me. Maybe a bug cause the nearby JG to X-3043 is hostile (owned by Nomad) and Nomad and LN are friends ??? !!! I don't know !

Bug : I got stuck behind transports waiting to use JG. They were freezing there just before jumping. They do not move any more, just firing on enemies or even standing there doing nothing...
    I could jump usign the formation command by standing in the JG ring but thats not the ideal for everyone. Happened 3 or 4 times on gates in Liberty, Bretonia and systems between (Cortez, Magellan). Didn't explored elsewhere so i cant tell more.

Suggestion : Could you please remove the "Access granted" only on Trade Lanes and jg/jh ? On stations and planets its good, even more when there is no voice for that station, but trade lanes, its is a bit redundant. I don't know if they can be different or it is a whole undissociable thingy indifferent to the type of docking.

Congratulations : Those effects and HUD are simply amazing ! It is an all new game, even Liberty no longers feels like home ! i can't wait to get better ships and equipment to explore the far reaches of this new extended alien area. Again, very good job !

• probably a bug

Open SP:
    Whe I try to dock whith the stations in Venn-System, the voice said "Access granted". But after the docking sequence had started, the voice said something, that I did not understand. Maybe it was "shield deactivated". But I'm not sure.
    Anyway, I can not dock. And I also can not abort the docking sequenze. I'm lagging around the station and can do nothing but F1 or ALT+F4.

Thomas

Update: It also happens in system Celldar, Sentinel Station, sector B3 and probably with other (similar) stations.

• Not sure if its a bug, or just a problem with my computer, but with the Swashbuckler (I hope thats spelled right) ship, every time I try and dock on the 3rd dock on Newark station in New York, my ship keeps repeatedly going around the station, gets close to the dock, then seems to get lost again, and goes all the way around the station again for a good minute or so, then when the docking cinematic starts, it gets very close to the door, but then gets lost again and continues going around the station for another 3 minutes or so before finally docking.

I tested it with the other 3 docking doors and it seems to work fine, its only the number 3 one.

Originally posted by Th0mas_J
    Open SP:
    Whe I try to dock whith the stations in Venn-System, the voice said "Access granted". ........

Those stations are supposed to be red to you ... so far you cant dock on red ones ...

• looks like ive found a source of many crashes, at least after the first tests it looks very promising

fixing it will become a bit "interesting"... will do a test on the server in 15mins

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I logged onto the server briefly to make a character, and I was given a mission to go to the Custodian System. At that same moment, I was invited into the group and the mission was declared a success as I switched to the ship dealer. Not sure if this is supposed to be the case, but otherwise things seem alright. (Edit: returning to the server this evening, taking off from Planet Manhattan in a Rhino resulted in a blank, non-responsive brown screen with the sounds and music still running but no visuals).

As for OpenSP, upon starting a new game the screen flashes orange, brown, and a motley green before showing the landing sequence of the Starflyer on Planet Manhattan. Except, the text giving my location doesn't appear (but I can hear the letters being "typed") at the end of the sequence. From there, there is no toolbar or navigation displays. The only things on the screen are the starflyer, the city, and the passing ships. Attempting to F1 made the screen go orange - no options appeared for me to select from. The first time I eventually crashed to desktop, the second time I force-quit after a few minutes of trying to leave the landing pad or return to the game menu.

Edit: sorry for the non-related post; given that neither SP or MP properly functions for me, what at first seemed like a potential bug must be client side.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• ok - my tests were successful
    I will prepare the update now... this should fix many crashes (maybe even sol - at least i hope so)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Kalisie
    Not sure if its a bug, or just a problem with my computer, but with the Swashbuckler (I hope thats spelled right) ship, every time I try and dock on the 3rd dock on Newark station in New York, my ship keeps repeatedly going around the station, gets close to the dock, then seems to get lost again, and goes all the way around the station again for a good minute or so, then when the docking cinematic starts, it gets very close to the door, but then gets lost again and continues going around the station for another 3 minutes or so before finally docking.

I tested it with the other 3 docking doors and it seems to work fine, its only the number 3 one.

this happens with a lot of stations with this ship, LPI huntsville is another station for example and that has only 1 dock, i think its more the size/shape of the ship that makes a difference in docking, there was a few ships in 1.7 that had this problem also.

• The patch is ready and it autoinstall, Styx to mandar gate works, and other stuff too... great job OP ^^

In this way, CF 1.8 will be bug free in days hehe

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis