Smuggler Hunt

There are 190 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by denne.

• Wednesday, September 22nd 2010 at 21:00 h server time near planet Crossfire, X-3043 system. I hope to see you there!

Objective: Hunt down and kill the smugglers.

General rules and rewards:

· Each player gets 5 million credits as participation reward;
    · Smuggler gains additional 10 million credits per tagged checkpoint, and 10 million credits if he reaches the target;
    · Smuggler gains additional 10 million credits if he kills an attacking hunter;
    · Hunter gains 10 million per killed smuggler;
    · Player that is killed by another player or an NPC can't return to the hunt;
    · Clan systems (Alaska, Tohoku, Purian Lake, Daedalus, Casius, Hiruga, Custodian, Tarsus, Nephele) are included by default and can be used unless otherwise specified;
    · No nanobots, no shield batteries, no docking for repairs and reloads;
    · If a smuggler or hunter is bothered by a player who is not participating in the event, (s)he should report that to the Event Manager or a ServerPolice member. He will also get a hefty bounty on him, and that will be taken care of by the server mercenaries.

Rules for smugglers:

· smuggler must NOT fly capital ships (they have issues with cruise distruptors);
    · all checkpoints must be tagged by the smuggler before (s)he reaches the target system (this is controlled by the EM);
    · smuggler must carry at least one BMG in cargo hold, to ensure NPC participation;
    · smugglers are not obligated to respect the general hunt areas - they are free to roam the Universe.

Rules for hunters:

· Hunters are informed of the target system and base, and can be given additional info (general hunt area);
    · NO CAMPING - unless you're flying a capital ship and this is your specific task (eg. guarding a wormhole/jumpgate);
    · Hunters cannot enter the target system itself until the smuggler is at least 1 system away from the the target system;
    · Hunters work as a team, so no killing and PvPs between hunters!

Calendar link with signup!

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Tonight was like this:

Smugglers:
    SMG_Explorer - 2 checkpoints, finished - WINNER - 35 million
    |PX|Athanatos - 2 checkpoints, 3 kills - 55 million (donated back to EM fund)

Hunters:
    Ozzy - 5 millions
    Bond - 5 millions
    splinter - 5 millions
    DC_Sphinx - 5 millions (donated)
    Crookey. - 5 millions
    |PX|Ares - 5 millions (donated)
    (Fallen)Poorboy'

Thanks for participating, and donation, and for probably inspiring some newbies to get better ships and do RP by being with your fancy ships near Manhattan. ;)

• Wednesday, September 29th 2010 at 21:00 h server time near planet Crossfire, X-3043 system. I hope to see you there!

· Smuggler gains additional 10 million credits per tagged checkpoint, and 10 million credits if he reaches the target;
    · Clan systems (Alaska, Tohoku, Purian Lake, Daedalus, Casius, Hiruga, Custodian, Tarsus, Nephele) are included by default and can be used unless otherwise specified;
    · If a smuggler or hunter is bothered by a player who is not participating in the event, (s)he should report that to the Event Manager or a ServerPolice member. He will also get a hefty bounty on him, and that will be taken care of by the server mercenaries.

Rules for smugglers:

· smuggler must NOT fly capital ships (they have issues with cruise distruptors);
    · all checkpoints must be tagged by the smuggler before (s)he reaches the target system (this is controlled by the EM);
    · smuggler must carry at least one BMG in cargo hold, to ensure NPC participation;
    · smugglers are not obligated to respect the general hunt areas - they are free to roam the Universe.

Rules for hunters:

· Hunters are informed of the target system and base, and can be given additional info (general hunt area);
    · NO CAMPING - unless you're flying a capital ship and this is your specific task (eg. guarding a wormhole/jumpgate);
    · Hunters cannot enter the target system itself until the smuggler is at least 1 system away from the the target system;

Calendar link with signup!

Edited once, last by Shockwave ().

• Cancelled due to lack of willing participants. Sorry, guys. See you next wednesday.

• aww

thought you were posting the results :/

29 - S, you know, it's demostration day for pretty many countries in Europe :P
    Especialyl Spain heh

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Wednesday, October 6th 2010 at 21:00 h server time near planet Crossfire, X-3043 system. I hope to see you there!

Rules for smugglers:

Rules for hunters:

Calendar link with signup

• Wednesday, October 20th 2010 at 21:00 h server time near planet Crossfire, X-3043 system. I hope to see you there!

Rules for smugglers:

Rules for hunters:

• It looked like this...

Smugglers:

DC_Sphinx - checked both checkpoints, killed 1 hunter, WINNER - 35 million
    SMG_Picard - checked both checkpoints, killed 1 hunter, WINNER - 35 million

Hunters (5M each):
    |PX|Knight_CXIII
    Timmyy
    (IOC)Rex_Nebular[ASF]
    Xantos
    Crookey.
    Razor
    (Fallen)Poorboy-SF
    |PX|Avian
    (Fallen)Antilope

Thanks to all participants!

My EM char was down to 150 million, but Avian reactivated his EM char and shared his money with me, I'm now at 450 million, cca. Also, Avian will be taking over hosting of Top Gun, and I'll step in when he can't make it.

• Wednesday, October 27th 2010 at 21:00 h server time near planet Crossfire, X-3043 system. I hope to see you there!

Event description: The Hunters have to hunt the Smugglers and kill them. The Smugglers have to manage to fight their way to a special station to deliver their goods. Two smugglers start from a given system and have to dock at a final station. On their way to that station, they have to reach two other systems (checkpoints). Hunters know only the final docking station but not the two intermediary systems. Hunters may not enter the final system until smugglers have reached a system next to the final destination.

· Smuggler: +5 million per tagged checkpoint; +10 million if he reaches the target, +10 million credits if he kills an attacking hunter;
    · Hunter gains +10 million per killed smuggler;
    · No nanobots, no shield batteries, no docking for repairs and reloads, all players must carry 1 BMG;

Rules for smugglers:

Rules for hunters:

I changed a few numbers and copied the event rules from Crossfire description page.

• Results from 27.10.2010.

Smugglers:
    SMG_Picard - tagged all checkpoints and won the event
    Event_Manager_Shockwave - tagged all checkpoints, suicide assisted generously by a hunter SA_Shadow_FORLON :D

Hunters:
    [CFPD]-Proto-
    SA_Shadow_FORLON - (I think) he died by the hand of SMG_Picard :D
    (Fallen)Poorboy2CSF2
    |PX|Ares
    Crookey! - suicide assisted generously by SMG_Picard :D
    splinter
    [CFPD]-=GiG=-
    (Fallen)RyderHook-PLG

Thanks for participating, see you next wednesday. ;)

• I'm almost sure that I kill myself (missiles) in this last crazy fight ... but my mistake is possible ... HUGE ammount of adrenaline was in blood :D ...

it was really funny event :)

Sry that I post comment here but not found any 'comment' thread.

• I'm not sure, sorry if I erred. The whole last thing happend too quick, and I've had a few beers... Don't drink and fly! :bmuhahaha:

You can write comments here, as long as they're (remotely) on the subject - seems my event topics are not as spammy as others, hehe :bohsw:

• How Shocky tagged all checkpoints if he was killed ? (suicided with help lol).

anyways, nice event :P I couldn't play at that moment...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• How Shocky tagged all checkpoints if he was killed ?

Tagged first and second checkpoint, but didn't reach the target. Target is not a checkpoint.

• OK :D, I want give here some of my notes and I hope that this very nice event will have also in future enough participants.

First I must say that I see this event as much difficult one and also is the nearest how should RP look (imho). There is not second chance repair mistake and participants are not in safe and notorious known area as is Arena. As hunter you must study how your targets can enter final system and make first but most important decision where you want go and watch for target. You need also have 2 max 3 places where you want patrol and still check where are your 'targets' and change your position. You need know fastest way between systems and with this also what is possible and what not bcos you not have much time to decide.

Fight alone is brutal, quick and deadly ... no warnings no initial distance and no second chance. But still price is high (I not think about game money.) Even the most experienced player can be killed and I not remember when I have before in blood so much adrenaline ... alone hunter near TL with only half of hul (nice gift from police NPCs before one jump seqence started) and coming two much more experienced smuglers in group which have only last few steps to end point...

Here can be said much more about tactics, hunters/smugglers cooperation and more but this maybe next time.

• Yes bigger chases would be nicer, but you need more people for it, in a normal RP chance.

• Ahhh that seems more complex than I thought...
    I always had in mind somehow the idea that hunters just waited at the last jumphole/gate,
    and "raped" the smuggler when entering the system... and it did not sound very interesting to me
    that way... Maybe I have to reconsider it...

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Yes, it's pretty interesting as you have to chase the smugglers :D not camping...

• Wednesday, November 3rd 2010 at 21:00 h server time near planet Crossfire, X-3043 system. I hope to see you there!

Event description: The Hunters have to hunt the Smugglers and kill them. The Smugglers have to manage to fight their way to a special station to deliver their goods. Two smugglers start from a given system and have to dock at a final station. On their way to that station, they have to reach two other systems (checkpoints). Hunters know only the final docking station but not the two intermediary systems. Hunters may not enter the final system until smugglers have reached a system next to the final destination.

· Smuggler: +5 million per tagged checkpoint; +10 million if he reaches the target, +10 million credits if he kills an attacking hunter;
    · Hunter gains +10 million per killed smuggler;
    · No nanobots, no shield batteries, no docking for repairs and reloads, all players must carry 1 BMG;

Rules for smugglers:

Rules for hunters:

• November 3rd 2010 - Results of Smuggler Hunt!

Smugglers:
    SMG_Picard - tagged all checkpoints, winner
    DC_Sphinx - tagged all checkpoints, winner

Hunters:
    |PX|Feuerdrache
    ERWIN_ROMMEL
    [UR]Psyclone
    xXx
    |PX|Ares
    Hexplore_II
    SA_TIMMY
    Crookey!
    (IOC)Rex_Nebular[ASF]
    Mr.Universe[Ha'la'tha]
    SA_Shadow_FORLON

Great show tonight - hunters used a very tactical approach, which worked well, if nothing else - for excercise for the next time! Smugglers evaded the hunters successfully through the Sigmas and Kusari space, which was very fun to watch.

Also, Forlon made an interesting proposal about giving different smuggle routes to smugglers, which would spice up the hunt even more, and this we will try next week and see how it goes. :)