sp hovis race bypass?

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• will the mod have a hovis race bypass in sp? I find it the most irritating aspect of freelancer sp. Just get a decent cargo holding freighter and you have to race.

When you empty the rubbish some of it comes out on top

• Ummm... why are you buying a freighter, when you can buy a heavy fighter in Leeds? A lot easier to handle & win that race. If you don`t know where to buy that fighter, look on Battleship York at Planet Waterford.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• you're running from all the liberty military fleet, Reinland Army and bounty hunters, and you get a freighter?

get in the mood of the game, you would never get a freighter for it on the your first single player, and even less in the CF singleplayer...

the ship I usualy get in Bretonia is the legionary, enough to finish the single player (at least in vannilla).

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• give hovis a battleship ^^

and btw the race is really easy. you just have to keep your mouse steady and make slow turns :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• lol u can EASY win on droomday this race. i always make it on a Droomday , becouse i just bought it. i make it in vanilla and in cf . :P every idiot can winn this race on hmm dagger . :P

droomday

lol reminds me of "doomsday" ^^
    it's dromedary btw ;)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Well guys, I hate this mission too. it would be nice to just BRIBE hovis or something. I mean, you might think that using a freighter is "not in the spirit of the game" but you forget that it's a freelancer game and by definition and style - we can play it as we want.

I am also using a Freighter (swashbuckler) because it's the fastest way to make money between missions and packs enough of a punch on my current budget. I don't want to have to start all over with a fresh ship just to pass this stupid mission.

If it's possible to give hovis a battleship or even a freighter that would be great, but can anyone share how to do this? I can go and scan through the INI files myself of course and will share here if I find out how.

Frankly, blowing hovis' ship into near dust would be a great option, make him beg for his life and then give you the info in return for sparing his arrogant corpse hahaha..

Sorry, just "getting in the spirit of the game"!

EDIT: I found the details in openspnpcships.ini - is this the one

Edited once, last by MrPras ().

• hehe yeah I put him in a gunboat in the end

the reason I didn't want to switch ships is because the ship available only has puny cannons and I was happy with the freighter since I can trade to make the millions I need (which is a bit steep I think). I'd rather not do 100 low-payed missions between levels thanks ;)

• In that vid - the player won because hovis skewed off somewhere (like he does sometimes) but normally it's not so easy.

I agree it's not the end of the world - but again - I had a swashbuckler (which has a lower rotation speed so can't maneuver around like that freighter).

The first time I had played a mod I had built up a hefty gunboat if I remember right and when I got to that mission I had to sell it and then afterwards go back to get one again (from some remote system) which left me cursing the mission.

Winning the race isn't the issue, it's just the fact that in some cases you have to sell your lovely boat that took ages to get.

I just think there could be a bypass option and would seriously encourage the SP modders to give such an option in the 1.9 mod.

Whether or not you have had individual problems with it or not - there are a slew of threads out there of people hating the mission so why not give us the option to bribe for example?

Oh, and the other annoyance is that if you have a high powered ship and have to switch, then you have to do the next couple of missions in a peashooter. Which sucks.

• Hi I'm an Old newbe returning after many years to Freelancer. This crossfire mod is great well apart from this Hovis race. I hated it then & I hate it now.
    I could win back in the day on my old XP rig but now either I'm just past it on the hand eye coordination, mouse sensitivity all wrong or my new shiny rig (Win 7 64bit, Intel i5) is running the game speed faster which makes the gates coming up too fast. . No I had anouther game that had this Win 7 faster speed problem. The way I got around it was to use Cheat Engine to slow the game down so I thought why not try it on this mission. Ran it at 50%, too slow realy but could navigate around the gates No problem. Now I hate Cheats and Cheaters but had to resort to this for the So so poor mission. Please get rid of it or put a bribe in so its more passable on Win 7 in the future (or send me to a rehad cl;inic)

• i don't wanna disappoint you but the game runs at the same speed for me and for the years vista/win7 existed i never heard of a "faster" game issue...

if i can give you a little tp to win vs Hovis : use the left and right strafe to "drift" the corners... practice alone then take it with hovis... You don't need to cheat to go through this... :thumbsup:

• In this case 'running at faster speed' is most likely referred to higher cruise speed or 'new rig' running the game at high fps rate.

• "running the game speed faster which makes the gates coming up too fast." refers to the game in general, nothing is said about NPCs.

• @Lost_Haven : i know, NPCs were just an example...

Why is the game running faster ? the millisecond timing of events remains unchanged with a new or an older PC. May be your PC is overclocked and it could make the millisecond shorter... idk...

• I think the problem is that the game was running slower on old rig and now he just can't get used to it running at normal speed on new rig.

then the cpu can't 'handle' the game it feels slower.