Nicknames!

There are 28 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by supercars.

• Tell us why you have taken your nickname some background is always handy to know.

My nickname when i joined the first bloodguard server was Lord_Rosicky after the football player and "lord" being the clanname of me and Andy, my pirate partner at that time.

When i was recruited by BG i felt it was time for a change, at that time i was hooked on Gundam Wings and then i had the choice out of 7 characters (Zechs, Heero, Duo, Treize, Wufei, Quatra and Trowa). Both appearance and character Trowa fitted best to my profile so that turned out to be it. Therefor those who know the series know how i am in real life, those who have no clue who Trowa is start downloading some episodes or watch added fan-vid :p

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPLSYMnfcJo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPLSYMnfcJo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

"We have to face facts, this age has no wish for fighters like us."

Trowa, Episode 25

Forum PIMP since 2004

• I picked Ryzune because it was the first name that popped into my head, but on Anarchy Online I am known as Xirinez, which is a mirror of my GF's nickname.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• the name was given to me based on my skills
    i just decided that the name OPERATOR looks crappy and would cause many problems on servers
    so OP-R8R was the choice
    i wear that name since 2000 and for sure there is no reason for me to change my nickname (besides i was not allowed to use it while i was playing jumpgate - there i played as "Rotes_Gnu" which was based on the radio show "sataan")

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I'm not using the nickname I was given according to my skills.... If I did I would be called Sponge...... :rolleyes:

I used to play the original Empire Earth RTS, and I was nicknamed "The Sponge" because I just soaked up the damage from the enemy's assault, and then pushed them right the way back to their base and destroyed them. :D

• First i joined CF my nick name was Blood_Hunter, i was thinking what to be and it was the first one in my head :)

Soon after i changed it to Tyrael. Tyrael is archangel from Diablo 2, who helps u to kill the last demon.

Tyrael, an archangel, is one of the main characters seen in the popular game Diablo II. He is depicted as a hooded angel, whose face is hidden by the darkness of his hood and never revealed throughout the game. He has large tendril-like white-glowing wings and is garbed in brown and gold robes. (In the game's various cinematic sequences, he is also at times depicted wearing armor over his robes.)

Tyrael is one of only three named angels shown in the game; Hadriel is found in the River of Flame, in Act IV, on the player's path to destroy Diablo, and Izual is a former (corrupted) archangel.

For more info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrael

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Doppleganger - mirror image - evil twin - alter ego....

CF is my escapism so i use an alter ego/mirror image of me from RL.

apart from that its the title of a classic 60's Scifi movie..the old ones are the best.

and btw its not German, i keep getting asked that, the spelling is different - Doppelganger being the German spelling

• Im here and on everry place Flash Gordon.
    You everything know him, there need I nothing else write. :D

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I use LaserJet, coz that was the 1st what popped into my eyes. Before i got recruited into BG i had also the nick DJ Pope, but since i`m an Atheist, i dropped that & went over to LaserJet totally. I`m planning to change my nick to Granocyte if there`s gonna be a charwhipe when 1.8 comes out. I use Granocyte in other games like C&C Generals, Generals Zero Hour & Mu. In CS i use the nick Absolut Pizdec, which means something like Totally Screwed.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• I choose Argos because is short and strong, and have's a double meaning.

First the 100 eyes monster, represented by a dog, sent by Ceres to protectc the first humman love of Zeus, which has been transformed in a ship. Zeus send's mercury to bring Io, which make's Argos to fall asleep with the music of his pan pipe.

Second is the Ship of the Argonauths, from the story of Jason.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• Argos is also a catalogue order store in Britain ^^

• the name Hägar came to me when on a LAN session my keyboard was unattended for a moment and some friend logged me into a game as "Hägar der Schreckliche" (and i dont know why he chose that name^^) - since then i felt comfortable with that name and became a viking (well sort of, as u might know me^^)

from Hägar came Haegar, since international players do not have umlaut "ä" on their keyboards and it is German syntax rule to replace umlaut "ä" with "ae" if needed... (and "ü" with "ue", "ö" with "oe" and "ß" with "ss")

btw: Doppleganger in German needs the umlaut "ä": Doppelgänger ^^

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Rover ..comes from my days in the armed forcers..was Section Cmdr of Tank Hunting team callsign .. Rover 11 .....just dropped the 11

• well, i have choosen my nick pretty carefully. i tried to "see" what my temperament would be like and how i act or behave in some situations ... since im pretty "active", most would say hyperactive, i act very hard on others teasing ready to rip them off and since i always either get "burn" or i "burn" others .. i came to the conclusion to find me a nick that has something with fire and hell to do ... so i came to the "Inferno" :P8)

• Centaurian was a natural for me, since my previous all-time favorite sci-fi game, Alpha Centauri, was where I practically lived for a couple of years, including more than one 15+ hour marathon session... :P I picked my avatar from that game, based on my favorite character (which happens to be the closest to my RL appearance of the faction leaders). My lead character, Centaurian_Alpha, was the prototype, since Freelancer was/is my only MP game to date, and most other character names are extrapolated from those initials 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Long time ago, where computers where a futuristic concept, when I played I had to enter a 3 digit code for recording my high score.
    If you look at your keyboard you'll notice the letters P, O and L are close, so easy to type. So name was easy to plug in: POL

When i started to play Freelancer I saw NEWlondon, NEWTokyo, NEWBerlin... why not NEWPol. :D
    So it is NewPol but only for Crossfire/Freelancer. Still, most of my nicknames have the original 3 digits like vonPol ( 1914/18 or 40/45 ) or Pol Emik in Guild Wars.

My avatar has the same white hair and beard, being an older char with some severity but misses the glasses ( of course ! )

• Nice stories here.

My own story isn't that interesting, coz my i wont use nicknames in the pc world that i have in use in the non-pc world ;D

So i try to choose different names. Huor_Súrion has got something to do with my real name. I was looking for a simple name that is easy to remember and doesn't have any sense from the name itself.

I also choose Súrion as my last name, coz there is no real meaning with this name. But i have chosen this coz its very special and unique and differs from my first name :D

This name is only used in FL CF, i don't play other online MP games... this one is very good and i like nearly all the players here. I tried to play COD - but there my aiming capabilities are even worse than on CF ;D

• as for "darkjedi" well i was sort of only thinking of Star wars at the time i signed up for this forum.

and as for "Lashan" well thats a name i chose to represent myself as a online person and as another important thing i believe in (ask me online ^^)

• Well, I'm always known as Xirinez now, on Anarchy Online, and on EVE Online. My brother is known as Oddpod, which is a random name he picked lol :P

(BTW, EVE Online is *brutal*, I just bought a cruiser, and it lasted all of 7 hours. Got destroyed in a skirmish with a battleship this morning. There goes 3.25 million ISK :rolleyes: )

• I am more confused than ever about you.

I think you are trying to say you are very athletic and you are a very good rider.

btw no one in this freaking world will drive a benz like the idiot in the video. :P:D

I never saw you giving up but I see the guy in the video give up.

Are you scared of someone who has got blonde hair :P:rolleyes:

Please correct me where I am wrong. I am sure you can see that a lot of wrong messages were given out. :P :]

THE FASTEST ONE