To use all functions of this page, you should register a>.
Your browser (%browser%) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. \ Learn how to update your browser'.
STARLANCER combines the action of first-person space combat with the drama and intrigue of a classic air combat movie. Countries from around the world including the United States, China, Russia and Great Britain have formed strategic alliances and now battle for control of Earth, Mars and other planets across the solar system. As part of a newly formed, ragtag aviation unit, the 45th Volunteers Squadron, players must prove themselves and earn the respect of their peers.
Key Features Include:
Key Features Include:
- Stunning 3-D graphics and effects. StarLancer will provide a level of graphic details and effects not currently found in space combat games with particle effects, dramatic source lighting and realistic ship destruction. More than 80 types of spacecraft are rendered in extraordinary 3-D detail throughout the game.
- Dynamic mission structure. StarLancer missions are designed to challenge players, create a wide variety of gameplay and enhance the story lines. Players fly in over 25 gripping missions that range from escorting marine boarding ships to free POWs to leading an assault on space stations built right into an asteroid field.
- Immersive story line. StarLancer features a dramatic story based on the dynamic history of 20th century warfare. To enhance the story, StarLancer includes over 25 minutes of Hollywood-quality full-motion computer-generated cinematics, over 250 unique pilot animations and 36 custom-composed original music scores.
- Living universe. Rather than the standard environment in current space combat games with space being fairly empty beyond the enemy fighters, the universe in StarLancer feels alive and will be more interesting for players to participate in. Neutral craft can be seen going about their business by performing functions such as unloading freighters or escorting convoys.
- Multiplayer capabilities. Players can work together cooperatively through the entire campaign with up to 4 players or dogfight in 6 different deathmatch modes with up to 8 players via LAN or Hamachi.
- State-of-the-art space flight engine. Whether players are engaged in a dogfight with swarming enemies or escorting a torpedo run on a massive capital ship, the StarLancer 3-D engine provides unparalleled fluidity in gameplay with balanced, consistent frame rates.
- Interactive ship environments. Players will be able to navigate key parts of their capital ship with immersive 3-D walkabout environments. Players will have their own interactive bunkroom with a locker for medals, CD player, simulator pod for flight practice and even a fish tank.
- Lethal spacecraft and weaponry. Players may choose from more than a dozen ships using a unique 3-D drag-and-drop interface. They can arm their ships with more than 20 weapons, including nova cannons, pulse lasers, collapser guns and jackhammer missiles.
- Experienced developers. StarLancer is being developed by Erin and Chris Roberts who are widely credited as the inventors of the space combat genre with their tremendously popular Wing Commander and Privateer series of games.
- Starlancer requires P200 or faster (P2-300 with 3D accelerator recommended)
- Win95 or later with DirectX 7 or higher
- 32 megs of RAM or higher
- 300 megs of HD space or more
- 8X or faster CD
- mouse or joystick
- 640x480 or better video card (800x600 recommended), 2 meg or more video memory (3D accelerator recommended)
- DirectX 7 compliant sound card