To use all functions of this page, you should register a>.
Your browser (%browser%) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. \ Learn how to update your browser'.
Below are placed some useful advices which may help you with a smoother progress/more fun in the game ...
- Establish trade routes and take missions along the way to maximise profit.
- Watch patrol paths carefully and check out places where they join together.
- Sell your cargo before a high risk mission, when you respawn, you lose your cargo and any non-equipped items, too.
- Always visit the bars of places you are friendly with, they give better rumors and advice.
- Choose assassination, arrest, or retrieval missions, they're usually quicker.
- Right at the start, missions are good, then when you get money from missions, trade with it, turn the pennies into pounds, and get a bigger cargo bay, buy more, get more profit, then buy a great big powerful ship and do missions because at that level trading brings in less than a difficult mission for a great big ship.
- Always be sure your victims understand your request before you blow them away for not doing it.
- Max-out your reputation with a faction if you want their best weapons and missions.
- Don't always play for the biggest ships with the biggest guns. You'll get a lot more out of Freelancer if you mess around with different ships and setups instead of going for & sticking with the same vessel & loadout every time. It's only as interesting and rewarding as you make it.